That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Secret Faults

The last two weeks have not been good for me, and I have no one to blame but myself; I let my guards down. I let all sorts of activities get in the way of my Bible reading and prayer time with my Lord. Jesus Christ wasn't on top of my list, and by the time I got home, I would be too "tired" for Him. An unworty execuse. Consequently, I have been acting foolishly for the past two weeks. I also feel very “weak” and I have this immense thirst to spend a big amount of time with the Lord.

Ironically, since the month of January, I had been doing very well in my walk with the Lord and it felt so great to be on such an high. Well, I can’t say that God’s Word hadn’t warned me.

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

And I fell! I now understand David’s saying:

Psa 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

I had not hid God’s Word in my heart and I slipped into sin, foolishness rather. But even the thought of foolishness is sin (Proverbs 24:9). I actually executed the thought into actions.

But God’s grace abounds.

Pro 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again.

It’s time for me to get up and sink into God’s Word and private prayer again with my Heavenly Father. I need to cleanse myself from all unrighteousness. I need to quench that thirst within me and read my Bible and pray and confess all before the Lord God. Now that I know what I ought to do, I think I’ll call it a night and execute something good, at last.

Psa 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home