That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, September 01, 2006

New book to read

I finally finished Ruckman’s book “The sure word of prophecy – The kingdom of God vs. the Kingdom of Heaven”, which I read with passion.

I will now tackle Clarence Larkin’s book “Rightly dividing the Word”, which my brother brought back from his Ohio trip. I am looking forward to this one. Here is a short description of the book:

From the front cover: This book "Rightly Divides" the fundamentals in a series of contrasts, as "Law and Grace," "Faith and Works," "Standing and State," "Sin and Salvation," " Atonement and Redemption," etc. It contains the ream and meat of the Author's sermons and Bible lectures, for thirty years, and is illustrated with 55 charts and diagrams. The charts are clear and simple and adapted to Institute and Bible class work.

.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home