That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Confused?

I know that finding God’s will for our life is something that most, if not all, Bible believers struggle with. We have this burning desire in our heart that almost consumes our every thought, yet, we are in a state of utter confusion, not knowing how to apply that desire into something concrete.

Unfortunately, we don’t see the road ahead and we do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our eyes, however, are not completely blind as we have the living Word of God that can appease our soul and give us remembrance, that the Lord, He is our God, and it is He that goes before us.

The following verse is cheerful one:

Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

That is what we can ask of the Lord; that He brings us by a way we know not, that He leads us in paths that we know not, that He makes darkness light before us and crooked things straight. Above all, we can ask our Heavenly Father that He forsake us not, a prayer that He has already answered.

Matthew 28:20 Lo, I am with you always.

Do not be discouraged, just sink into God’s Word and claim all His precious promises. The one thing that is impossible for the Lord is for Him to break His Word.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home