That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Salvation for my boss

Oddly enough, my best witnessing opportunities at work have been with my boss. It definitely is the Lord’s work and the Lord’s will for me to witness to him. Jeffrey is a bit intimidating being that he’s a well-known litigation lawyer, arbitrator and author. Everybody “knows” that he will some day be a judge. However, he must fear the greatest Judge of all, the Lord God Himself.

Friday evening, as I was wishing Jeffrey a good evening and a pleasant long weekend, he opened up the subject. I truly believe that the Lord put the right words in my mouth and gave me boldness to tell Jeffrey that his soul is in danger of hell, that he is in need of salvation and that only Jesus Christ can save and give him eternal life. I managed to have a good 20-minute discussion before he finally closed the conversation. Coming out of his office, I felt a bit shy, but the Lord quickly turned my countenance into a joyful one. I was refreshed and thankful that I had yet another wonderful opportunity to share the gospel to my boss.

Though he dismissed the conversation on Friday night, and plainly admitted that he’s not interested, it’s obvious to me that something is brewing and that maybe the Lord is speaking to him. When I saw him at work today he greeted me with “I keep on thinking of our conversation on Friday….you’re scaring me…with hell and I need to get saved.” Yes, you need to get saved, I was telling him, when I was interrupted by a phone call.

That is alright though. I will continue praying for his salvation as I sincerely believe that God can save him, and his family.

~ The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 ~

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home