That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Singing Hymns

~Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings. Psalm 9:11

Last night was spent in blessed fellowship with my church’s young adults. We went to China town for supper, and yes, the food was great, but the fellowship was even greater.

After satisfying our bellies and paying our bills, we stepped out into the dark cold night and stood by a corner. We lifted up our voices in hymns, as a few others from our group passed out all the tracts we could scramble out of our pockets. We sung hymns such as “At Calvary”, “Nothing but the blood”, “I am resolved”, “We’re marching to Zion”, and so on, only to close the night with “I have decided to follow Jesus”.

We hadn’t planned none of this, it was done on the spare of the moment. I guess the Lord wanted a few people in China town to receive some tracts and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I’m really thankful for my church family. It’s all a bunch of young people who want nothing to do with the world, but just want to serve the Lord!

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 16, 2006 2:41:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Thanks for considering me one of the "young people".I enjoyed being out with you fellas. It was a small taste of heaven being out there singing praises and glorifying God. I have a feeling he was delighted with us.

     
  • At Monday, October 16, 2006 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    well, you were the only "parent" there. The rest of us were all in our 20s. Besides, it doesn't matter, you're fun...a "cool" parent!

    I seriously think we're a crazy church, but I love it. Friday night was amazing...this entire weekend was amazing!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Father's Grace Ministries said…

    How lovely!Yes,there's nothing like food, fun & fellowship.And I love spontaneous hymn singing!I disccovered hymns later,than earlier,as the churches where I fellowshipped mainly did modern worship. one day I found a Methodist Hymn Book in a 2nd hand shop,took it home & fell in love with the words.I used to read them like poetry,as I didn't know the tunes.
    Now I know many hymn tunes (I like listening to the Golden Oldies Night on our local Christian Radio) & have bought some Kiddie hymn recordings so our girls can grow up knowing them from the start.Our current church does about 3 hymns a week & then chooses some of the more biblical modern songs. I can be ready for a hymn singalong anyday!
    Claire

     
  • At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Spontaneous hymn singing is really fun! I really cherish those hymns, and I'm glad you do too. My mother bought me a hymn book and I often go throught it. I get such a blessing just from reading the words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home