That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Glory to God!

My office manager is away on vacation all week and I am quite busy replacing her. As fun as it may be getting to play “boss”, it’s also a lot of work. Today, I also had to replace the receptionist and in consequence, I finished working at 5:30 instead of 5pm. I know it does not sound so terrible, however, adding to it all, I have an awful cold and I’ve lost my voice since Friday night. When I answer the phone at reception, I sound like a 500 year old receptionist. Not to mention that it’s been quite painful on my throat.

However, the Lord had a purpose for my having a cold and staying at work just a bit later. At 5pm, a client came in for his meeting with one of the lawyers who happens to be my boss, Jeffrey. I have witnessed to Jeffrey countless times. While Jeffrey was yet in another meeting, the client asked me about my cold. He then wanted to know if I was Italian. I replied that I was Lebanese, which led to political talk and which then led to discussing the Lord Jesus Christ. It turns out the gentleman is a Portuguese Catholic who has no faith in churches at all nor faith in the pope (no hope in the pope!!).

As the discussion flowed, he interrupted me wanting to know if I were “Christian born”. I corrected him and told him that the Biblical term is born again. As it happens, he was familiar with the term since his wife’s friend is saved and they had both visited her church once.

The Lord put words in my mouth as I shared with the client the simplicity of the gospel of Christ and that he ought to call upon His name for salvation. Being stuck at reception, my purse was at my desk and I was unable to hand him a tract before he left. I trust the Spirit of God to get a hold of him. Who knows, the Lord can use his wife’s friend to bring him and his family to salvation.

I have noticed that almost every time I end up staying late at work, the Lord gives me an opportunity to share the gospel to a lost soul. Had it not been for my cold, had it not been for my office manager being away and had it not been for my receptionist leaving early today, this Portuguese gentleman would not have heard the gospel of Christ Jesus. Glory to God!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home