That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Jesus Christ – The bread of life

The Bread of Life is the spiritual food needed by man. Without the bread of life man cannot live spiritually. Just as man needs to eat physically in order to live, the bread of life gives nourishment for the soul. Unless one eats from the bread of life he faces eternal death and punishment.

In the Old Testament, the Lord provided the Israelites with manna from heaven. They were told only to take what was required for one day’s supply and had to trust that God would provide more the next day. The manna served as salvation for the Israelites’ physical need. God, however, knew of a greater need for the salvation of man's soul and met that need through His Son, Christ Jesus, who is your soul’s bread of life. The Israelites had to eat their manna daily. But with the Lord Jesus Christ, you only need to taste him once. Once you feast on the true bread of life, your soul is saved.

I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world […] Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: hethat eateth of this bread shall live forever. John 6:48-58
Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life. It is only through Him that you can have eternal life. He is the promised manna for your soul. You just need to call upon His name for salvation once in your life, and He will seal you with His Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13), after which your eternal destiny is absolutely fixed. Just as eating physical food is simple, there is also simplicity in Christ for the salvation of your soul.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home