That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, December 29, 2006

My strength and my peace

~The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
This world is not our home! Lost people of this world are constantly seeking peace and looking for it in all the wrong places. Our God of Heaven provides for us all our need. Truly, all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Rom. 8:28).

And if we truly love God, then it should be easy for us to keep our eyes on Him. There is a promise that He will keep us in perfect peace if our mind is stayed on Him (Is 26:3). It should also be easy for us to keep Him informed of everything that goes on in our life; that is to talk to Him as our Father.

I don’t understand why it’s so much easier for me to focus on the problems and trials of life. I am thankful for God’s Word because His Word reminds me that if I want strength and peace, then I need to seek His face and put my “issues” in His hands. I need to leave everything at the foot of the cross and trust that He will carry the burden.

Peace is worth a great price, and our God gives it to us freely. He promises a blessed peace to His people. He is our strength (Ps. 81:1). He is our peace (Eph. 2:14).

I have to rejoice that I have an Almighty, all powerful and an ever present God seeing to my every need. I will praise the Lord. Amen!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home