That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, January 01, 2007

Thank you, Lord Jesus

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Eph 5:20

If the Lord taught me anything this past year, 2006, it is to give thanks always, and in all things for I serve a good God.

In 2006, the Lord Jesus accomplished many wonders for me and His mighty right hand was with me as a good shepherd protects His sheep from the roaming wolf.

It started out with the Lord blessing me with a significant raise at work, then with my first ever car, then with a brand new laptop, and so on, but those are just worthless physical possessions.

In the summer of 2004, the Lord had allowed me (and my mother) to be reunited with my brother aka my prodigal brother after a six-year separation. He spent a few weeks with us before going back to Lebanon. The next year, he spent the entire summer of 2005 with us before going back again to Lebanon to finish his studies. As I praised the Lord for having my brother back in my life, there was yet one thing that remained unsettled; an eight-year separation between my father and I. It was something that I was dreading and that I was greatly fearing.

Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt (Matt 26: 39) was my prayer. God’s perfect will found me on the airplane on June 16, 2006 and on my way to Lebanon to be reunited with earthly father. Thankfully, my brother was with me the entire two weeks to strengthen me with God’s Word and with prayer, as it was a very intense and difficult time, for both of us.

To God be the glory, I got to see my brother graduate from University and on July 3, 2006, we both made our way safely to Montreal, not to mention less than 10 days before war broke out in the country! I now have my brother here for good, unless and until the Lord calls Him elsewhere. Nevertheless, He is in my life. He is also a faithful servant and a soldier of Jesus Christ for which I greatly rejoice.

Maybe this does not seem like much to you, but it is a special love story between Jesus Christ and me. The Lord has always watched, kept and preserved me all of my life. I have a lot to be thankful for and have learned to give thanks always in every thing because this is the Will of God. The least I can do is to give Him the glory. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you . 1 Thess 5:18

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home