That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A good verse to claim

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
I often claim the above-mentioned verse when the Lord burdens me to pray for a friend’s salvation. It sounds so simple, because it is, but all that we have to do to win our family, friends and co-workers to the Lord is to earnestly pray for them. After all, God Himself cares for their salvation much more than we could ever possibly desire!

9 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 02, 2007 2:26:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    It is easy to neglect the primacy of prayer.

     
  • At Friday, February 02, 2007 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen. Prayer is the most important thing in the Christian life; and yet, it is also the most neglected.

     
  • At Friday, February 02, 2007 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

     
  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Good reminder. I know that I sometimes get caught up in the ministry that I tend to forget my own personal devotional or prayer time.

     
  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Same here, except I don't only get caught up with the ministry, but I can also get caught up with things of this world (work, etc.).

    That is why we need to read our Bible to be reminded of our priorities and of our primary duties before God.

     
  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 1:27:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    only prayer can win the battle--

     
  • At Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Amen, Joe. It's nice to hear from you :)

     
  • At Sunday, February 04, 2007 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Antonio said…

    I know that I am a trouble maker. But I truly like to give more information by which people can consider other perspectives.

    I do not believe that this verse has to do with eternal salvation from hell.

    Here is a post that tells why:

    Repentance Averts Temporal Calamity

    I prefer this one:

    1 Tim 2:1-6
    Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all
    NKJV

    And this one mentions prayer, as well.

    The determinist does not believe that prayer moves God to act.

    I believe that it does!

    Antonio

     
  • At Monday, February 05, 2007 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hey Antonio,

    Thank you for your comment. I'm all for "rightly dividing the word of truth", and that's an excellent post of yours.

    I agree, 1 Tim 2:1-6 is the right verse to claim.

    May the Lord save all our family and friends!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home