That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Sunday, February 18, 2007

A perfect peace

One of the most reassuring verses in the bible reads: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (Is 26:3).

This scripture gives us a promise of peace, and gives us the way to obtain this peace. When our minds are stayed on the Lord and on the goodness of Him, no matter what’s going on around us, we have an assurance of peace. And not just peace, but PERFECT PEACE. A peace that will enable us to stand in the midst of any trial. A peace that gives us confidence that we can be still and know that He is God (Ps. 46:10) even when placed in the center of a storm.

A peace that assures us our God is always in control of all things, and if He can part the Red Sea and allow the children of Israel to walk through on dry land, surely He is able to take care of our daily needs. A peace that reminds us that we serve the great “I AM”, not the great “I was”, or the great “I’m going to be”! The Lord says, “I AM” the God that delivers; “I AM” the God who supplies your needs; “I AM” the God who heals; “I AM” the God of your salvation; “I AM” the God who forgives; “I AM” the God who loves; “I AM” the God who fulfills and “I AM” the God of peace which passeth all understanding (Phi 4:7)!

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home