That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Friday Nights

I love all four of my J.V. girls at Awana. They mean so much to me, more than they could ever know.

Out of the four, only Nicole remains unsaved. She is a very difficult teenager. I understand she has family issues, school problems and suffers from a lot of insecurities. She also has an attitude problem and is very rebellious. Yet, underneath it, she is a beautiful person. I’ve come to know her really well and I care a lot about her.

Yesterday night was the second time that Nicole brought her friend to Awana, which is great, however, she gets even more rebellious around her. Last night was the first time I had to discipline Nicole the way I did. I reported her to the Awana commander and asked him to speak with her. Nicole and her friend didn’t come upstairs to the classroom and I had to go on with my lesson without them. But before I began the lesson, Ashley, Amanda, Adriana and I huddled around in a circle, held hands and lifted Nicole and her friend, Melissa, in prayer. The Lord is so good and I have tasted of His goodness countless times. I am supposed to be encouraging these girls but, last night, they encouraged me with their kind words. It was a beautiful moment. We laid all our burdens down at the foot of the cross, not just the Nicole situation.

When the Awana was over, I went to speak to both Nicole and Melissa, but then Melissa got called away and I had Nicole all for myself. I let her know that I did what I did because I love her and because I care for her salvation. Nicole apologized for the first time to me and promised to come upstairs to the class next Friday.

Friday nights are often tiresome, because all four of the J.V. girls need a lot of attention, and I often worry if I am doing them justice and if I am the right person to teach them. Maybe because we are approaching the end of they year, I am starting to feel a bit more discouraged, and tired. I just don’t want to lose Nicole. She isn’t forced to come to Awana; she comes completely out of free-will, but what if one day she decides not to attend anymore. She would have walked out the church the way she walked in, a lost soul. That wrenches my heart and I hate thinking like that. I need the Lord to give me faith that, in due time, Nicole will bow her head and ask the Lord Jesus Christ to save her.

Please pray for salvation for Nicole and Melissa. Pray also for a continual growth for Ashley, Amanda and Adriana.

I already feel much better just having prayed for that whole situation and for having posted about it on my online diary!

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home