That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Praise the Lord

Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
That would qualify you and me! In fact, some people say that I have TOO much breath in me, because once I start talking, I can’t stop!

I read the last chapter and verse of Psalms today, and got really convicted that I waste so much of my breath on meaningless discussions, whereas, I could be praising the very God that put breath in me.

Why should I praise the Lord?

Of course, you mean other than because the Word of God tells me to (re-read Ps. 150:6), and besides the fact that Christ died for my salvation.

I want to praise my Lord because when I do so, I find it draws me closer to Him. It feeds my Sprit with joy and peace. I also find I smile more often when I praise and worship Him. It's even contagious. Ever noticed how when one person starts praising the Lord in church, it doesn’t take long before everyone starts talking about His goodness.

So question is, why NOT praise the Lord.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home