That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Praise report

I do have a very exciting praise report, in case you can’t tell from my title!

Mitchelle was to come to church on Sunday morning, but she text messaged me while I was in Sunday school that she couldn’t come, because her mother needed the car. But Mitchelle had her heart set on coming to church (smart girl), so she made it for the evening service instead.

She was very happy to be in church that evening and really enjoyed the preaching. We closed the service with the Hymn When we see Christ and when I turned around, Mitchelle’s eye were teary and she was barely holding back those tears!

I will make a long “post” short, but later that evening, I had an incredible discussion with her. Mitchelle is concerned for the salvation of our friend / co-worker, Virginia!! I have to admit, I was just floored with her statement, but definitely thankful. We both agreed to pray for her salvation! In fact, we agreed to pray for Mario too, Virginia’s boyfriend.

It gets better. Mitchelle admitted that since she got saved she feels unexplainable joy in her heart, and that she’s also a lot more sin-conscious. She said she prays more often, and that it “feels different” – she now KNOWS her Heavenly Father.

It gets even better. I had been convicted for a couple of weeks that I hadn’t told Mitchelle about baptism. I laid my conviction before the Lord and He heard my prayer. Mitchelle told me that prior to her grandfather’s passing away he “turned protestant” and got baptized. She wanted to know more about baptism. I didn’t even have to open the subject, she brought it up herself. Amen!! I explained to her from the Bible that Jesus Christ gave us two commandments after salvation: Baptism and Communion. Lord willing, she just might get baptized this summer!

Mitchelle is one of my closest friends, and to see such a turn-around with her makes me look up to Heaven and cry “who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” Ex. 15:11. Amen, Lord Jesus.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home