That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, May 21, 2007

Intimacy with Jesus Christ

Being in the presence of God is what every Christian wants, but somehow, it can get difficult to keep it consistent. We often allow the troubles and distractions of the world to rob us of such sweet fellowship with our Father.

Occasionally we stumble into Him, and we are delighted. It’s a joy and a privilege to us to be able to spend time with Him. Time alone with Jesus Christ allows us to know Him, to love Him, and to grow stronger in Him.

I just want to encourage you (and myself) to pursue times of intimacy with God. He desires that time alone with us, just as a Father longs for intimacy with his child.

As Christians, our goal in life is to grow more Christ-like each day, and there is no other way to accomplish that other than spending time alone with Him. We ought be fully committed to Him in order to know Him intimately and to become more like Him.

I admit, I get such a joy from serving the Lord in church and from fellowshipping with other Christians. But that alone is not enough for my spiritual growth. I need time alone with Him where I can share my deepest thoughts and cares, and where He too can speak and comfort me. It’s important to even have a place (an altar) where we can be alone with God. Of course, mine is my room, my bed, especially. There, I have had the most intimate, one on one, times with the Lord. It is there that I have felt the most satisfied in life!

I am positive that you, likewise, as Believers, have experienced such intimate times and can vouch with me that there is nothing more satisfying in life than spending time in prayer and Bible reading with Jesus Christ.

James 4:8 says “draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you.” I take great delight in that. He really does draw nigh unto me each time I seek His face. Truly, there is nothing more satisfying than intimacy with Jesus Christ!

19 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 21, 2007 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree Sarah, those moments when I can feel the Lord so close, I just want to hold on and never let go! But I guess its hard sometimes since we are sinners by human nature. That was a nice post! :)

     
  • At Monday, May 21, 2007 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Danielle, Amen!! And thank you so much. It means a lot to me that you read my blog. Thanks for being so encouraging, lil cousin!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:30:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    *ahem*

     
  • At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise the Lord. This message is so timely! I just read this tonight, AFTER posting a new message on my blog...which was inspired by the message my pastor preached tonight in church.

    After reading what you wrote, it just caused my heart to shout "AMEN!" because I am thinking along the very same lines here tonight!

    GREAT THOUGHTS!!

     
  • At Friday, May 25, 2007 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi Bryan, wow, that is so neat...I shall have to go read your post, as soon as I have time. Thank you for always being so encouraging. It's really nice to see how the Spirit of God moves in the heart of believers in the same way!

     
  • At Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, got a question. Everytime I try to go to Pen of Iron, a Quicktime thing comes up...something about "upgrading"....and I can't get it off my screen and it does nothing. It just sits there, and I can't even read any articles. I windup having to alt/cntrl delete to stop my web browser, and start another.

    Is there some sort of something on your brothers page that requires Quicktime? Is anybody else having this problem? And finally, any advice on what to do?

    Thanks

     
  • At Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually don't have that problem, but you might be able to get it off by upgrading the quicktime from that link, or go to your control panel, then where you can delete/ add programs, and delete quicktime off your computer completely. I know that wasn't much help, but it may work! :)

     
  • At Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Danielle! I don't know what happened, but after at least a month of having those problems, I just tried to go there again, and no sign of "Quicktime"!! Maybe I "upgraded" sometime along the way and did not know it....thanks!

     
  • At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your welcome, and I am happy it worked! :)

     
  • At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Glad to know that problem is now resolved.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Good points, Sarah.
    Hey, I hope we can get together when you are in Toledo. Email me and I will send you my phone number
    rcole@ambt.net

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi Bryan, I too am very glad the problem was fixed, whatever it may have been! :)

    Danielle, thank you so much for helping out. You held the fort! Miss you.

    Hi Rose, ok great, I will e-mail you shortly!!! :)

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sarah, I miss you too. I guess this summer we won't be able to see each other, but maybe next! :)
    - Say hi to George and Auntie, please!

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:32:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    hola

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Corry said…

    Thanks for this reminder!
    I know I should spend more time with The Lord. Earthly matters take over, rather...I let them take over. And even though they are very important, The Lord is so much more!

    Have a very blessed weekend, lil sister! :-)

    God's Grace.

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 2:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah, this is a great article. We all need to have intimacy with our Lord. I echo what Corry said. To often we let other things get in the way of spending quality time with Him. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi Corry and Amy!! Thank you so much for your kind words. You are both such a blessing and an encourgament to me.

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    I wish I didn't need to be reminded of this, but we all need it at some time, I am convinced!

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hey Angie! So good to see you, thanks for your comment. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home