That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Abiding With Jesus Christ

There are so many Hymns that I truly enjoy...one of them is Abide With Me. I just love its words...in life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

The word "abide" means to dwell, to continue, to endure and to await. To abide pretty much sums up the Christian Life!! But what does it take for you and I to adibe with Jesus Christ, to fully dwell and walk with Him? Well I think the answer is rather a simple one. I believe that we must realize and understand that God is holy, and so, to abide with Him, we must clean up our lives a litte and get rid of the old ways; get rid of sin. If there is sin in your life, or in my life, than you and I must go to Him and confess it and ask Him to help us walk in righteousness. Never forget that we serve a merciful, longsuffering and loving God who is always willing and ready to forgive us all of our sins!

~ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

I have learned through my walk with God that to abide with God is to abide in His word. God's word can do so much for you and I, it's the only way we can learn about Him and the more we learn about Him, the more we love Him.

Jesus said in John 15:1-4
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me."

If you want to be clean and live a victorious life over sin and temptations, then you must Abide With Christ. You must dwell in His word day and night. Didn't David say "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee". Psalm 119:11

It's so sweet to abide with Jesus Christ; it's so easy to fall in love with such a loving God. O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home