That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Psalm 150

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbreland dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. Ps. 150
So this is not very deep or anything, but I just realized that Psalm 150 begins with Praise ye the LORD and ends with Praise ye the LORD. It's mentioned in the beginning an at the end. Jesus Christ is the beginning and the end. The Alpha and the Omega. The First and the Last. The Beginning and the End. I don't know how but this made me stop and think. How many times do I praise the Lord in the beginning of a situation and continue praising Him all through the end. Not too many times, I must confess. Psalm 150 is clear - God wants me to praise Him. He commands me to. But praising God should not be a very difficult commandment to obey. It should just come. Even in the darkest of times He can give us peace that passeth all understanding (Phil 4:7). We have great examples of such men all trhough the Bible (Daniel, Paul, Stephen...). They had peace during their darkest trials and never stopped praising the Lord. It's possible - all I have to do is spend more time on my knees. I have to keep in mind that He promised to never leave me nor forsake me. He'll be with me during the beginning of my darkest hour and will guide me through the end. I want to praise the Lord always. He is worthy to be praised. I have so much to praise Him for...I wouldn't know where to begin!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home